** COVID-19 UPDATE **
After a lot of research and organising Plym Physio is preparing to reopen for face to face consultations from 1st June. Unfortunately the Covid-19 pandemic and easing of lockdown does not allow for a ‘back to normal’ service. Our regulatory and professional bodies are supporting a ‘virtual first’ approach which means for a lot of clients video consultations will remain in place as the most appropriate form of contact at this time. If your situation means face to face contact is necessary – which has to be decided and consented to between you and your therapist beforehand, then we have put in place several measures to mitigate risk for staff and clients.
What to expect
- You will need to complete, sign and return a health screening questionnaire which will be sent to you to show you don’t have symptoms, are not at risk and neither are any household members.
- You will need to have a discussion on the phone or video call with your treating therapist prior to your consultation to establish whether virtual or face to face sessions are the most appropriate
- You will need to sign a consent form saying you agree to the above
- Read our clinic procedures form which will come with the health screening form
Don’t worry, we’ve managed to condense this into a tick box table and just over a page of easily readable text! We don’t have the capacity for e-signatures yet but we’re working on it and a few other techy things to get things as streamlined and user-friendly as possible.
If you are coming to see us in the clinic there will be some obvious changes;
- You’ll have to wait outside to be let in by your therapist so please don’t come more than a few minutes before your appointment time!
- There won’t be a receptionist
- We’ve removed most of the furniture but there will be a chair if you do need to sit down
- Our toilet facilities are closed off so please consider this before you leave home!!
- You’ll need to wash your hands – as will your therapist once you’re shown into the treatment room
- You’ll be a bit further apart than before
- We’ll ask you to bring a face covering as you may be within 2m of your therapist for more than 15 minutes.
- Your therapist will wear PPE once they are within 2m of you – apron, gloves and facemask/visor
- Some of the nice comfy things on the bed and in the room will have gone
- Your physio will do the rebooking
- We’ll ask you to pay in advance via BACS where possible (details will be on appointment emails)
- There will be gaps in between patients to allow full clean down of the treatment room, door handles, hard surfaces
- We won’t be accepting cancellations with 24 hours of appointments and the full fee will be charged for no shows and late cancellations